➢ We can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of many sectors and we have significant expertise in the biofuels sector in particular. We have many years of experience of dealing with biodiesel, ethanol and bioethanol, including advocacy and communications work on trade-related issues.
➢ Past and current clients include major international oil companies, ethanol industry associations and biofuels and trading organisations.
➢ We have access to an established network of trade associations and the important players in the biodiesel and ethanol world.
➢ We deliver a public policy 'watchdog' service on biofuels (biodiesel and bioethanol) issues. We represent or assist our clients in meetings with high-level contacts in EU Member States and in key institutions, such as the European Commission, European Parliament, WTO and WCO.
➢ We provide an early warning on future changes in EU customs and trade policy, notably:
- The implementation of the Renewable Energy Directive and the Fuels Quality Directive (e.g. sustainability criteria, ILUC, double counting, update of GHG emissions, biofuels certification and Member States' policies)
- Animal by-products regulation – import requirements for used cooking oil and animal fats
- EU Energy taxation policy, biofuels taxation in the EU Member States
- Generalised System of Preferences (GSP)
- Bilateral free trade agreements, e.g. Ukraine, Mercosur, Canada
- EU – tariff changes for biodiesel and bioethanol
- EU - tariff suspensions
- EU - free trade agreements with non-EU countries and regions, e.g. Pakistan
- EU anti-dumping and countervailing measures on biodiesel imports
- EU/US - biofuels standards challenges as non-tariff barriers to trade
➢ Monitoring EU, WTO and WCO policy and legislation related to bioethanol, biodiesel and feedstocks.
➢ Monitoring relevant WTO developments, notably prospects for agriculture tariffs and industrial goods tariffs.
➢ Monitoring new tariff codes for biofuels within the WCO.